PDA

View Full Version : Missing mushroom?

tjp1014
10/31/2010, 10:15 AM
I got a mushroom frag a couple of weeks ago and put it in bridal veil. Last night I took it out of the veil and it was attached to the piece of rubble. This morning it was no longer attached and I cannot find it. I know they detach if they don't like the location, but I put the mushroom in the same location it was in when it was in the veil. I have hermits and one peppermint shrimp, but they have never bothered anything before. Any ideas?

Thanks.

teemee
10/31/2010, 02:44 PM
My $100 yuma (yes... $100) recently detached itself from its rock, and has disappeared. I sympathize!
When rescaping in the past, i have found bleached out mushrooms living in the rockwork. Never ever have i seen anything in my tank - fish or invertebrate - even express any interest in mushrooms.

iamwrasseman
10/31/2010, 02:49 PM
i dont think that it wa eaten but detached and floated to a mysteroius spot as many of mine have done in the past . it will usually survive for a week or two without light so do some looking sround and see if he is hiding somewhere ,

tjp1014
10/31/2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the responses. I will keep looking, but so far it's MIA. Luckily, the mushroom was only $5 :fun2: