PDA

View Full Version : Zeovit versus NP Biopellets

jays333
11/01/2010, 10:09 AM
I have a 180 Gallon mixed reef that is a little over a year old now. The last few months I have started to have some algae issues. My nitrates have always been 0 and continue to be non existent, but I'm sure phosphates must be available for the algae.

I have been researching the basic 4 of the zeovit system, and the NP Biopellets.

I currently dose 2 part from bulk reef supply, and do daily small water changes so I don't mind daily maintenance of 10 to 15 minutes.
Looking for feedback on the positives and negatives of both treatments.

Jay

HighlandReefer
11/01/2010, 03:57 PM
I have not tried either products myself, but have read posts here on the Chemistry Forum where hobbyists have claimed both products have achieved control of their particular specie of algae. Different species of algae can be quite different to gain control with all the suggested methods. ;)

bertoni
11/01/2010, 05:35 PM
They both seem to work. The pellets are newer, though, and there's not as much experience with them. On the other hand, we know what's in them. I might try the pellets, at this point, since they seem reasonably priced and maybe not as prone to causing problems, but vodka dosing is inexpensive, and can be successful. The Zeo products seem to be similar to vodka dosing.