PDA

View Full Version : Mushroom ate my Blasto!

KpopAMD
11/02/2010, 09:26 AM
wasnt aware that mushrooms (yuma) could be deadly, i bought a small frag of blasto then sat it near where the yuma stayed, not too close and both have a nice size rock hosting them, when i came home the shroom head is sticked to the blasto side (same as what anemone looks like when they stretch), when i pry the yuma away that side of my blasto is already showing its bone no more fleshy part, damn it! never knew that yuma could be dadly, thinking i put them wherein theyre not even touching.

philosophile
11/02/2010, 05:30 PM
maybe something knocked into the shroom?

Urchinhead
11/02/2010, 06:21 PM
yuma do eat and the flesh of a blasto makes an opportunistic meal. Take the blasto and move it to another part of the tank away from the yuma. Preferably a spot that is low flow and moderate light. Let it sit and don't let anything else touch it. There is a chance that it can recover.

KpopAMD
11/03/2010, 12:13 AM
hopefully it will recover, i did moved it already but some part of the blasto already showing bones, damnit yuma lol!

britestar101
11/03/2010, 12:57 PM
pictures?

KpopAMD
11/08/2010, 07:42 AM
ok finally gotten some pics this is what happened to my blasto
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee295/K-Pop_album/IMG_2081.jpg

and this is the culprit
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee295/K-Pop_album/aqua4.jpg

i put the blasto beside the mushroom rock, didnt realize that it will be agressive like that, so i moved the blasto in my sand bed

Dlhirst
11/22/2010, 11:32 AM
Cut off as much of the exposed skeleton as you can. I would even err on the side of losing a bit of flesh, to not getting enough of the skeleton. It seems to help in the recovery of the rest of the colony. At least that has been my experience with others...

I have a snail that seems to like to carry a frogspawn around with him - always doing menace to whatever it encounters. I lost 7 of 9 heads on a candy cane from that frogspawn, and a few of acan polyps too. Cut off the skeletal area, and they both bounced back. My candy cane is just starting to turn those remaining two heads into five. Some day, I will know where I want that frogspawn to stay put, and I can glue it down then.

You have plenty of blasto left though, I think it will recover just fine.