PDA

View Full Version : trigger with fungus!!!

Monster00101
11/05/2010, 12:56 PM
I have a niger trigger that has fungus real bad. he had ich and when i did hypo the fish broke out in a real bad case of fungus. I already lost my puffer this morning and i dont want to lose mu trigger too. should i return my salinity to normal? is there anything i can do to help him? all he does is hide and dosent eat.

RegalAngel
11/05/2010, 01:37 PM
Fungus in saltwater fish is fairly rare. With the stress your fish is experiencing due to hypo, what you are seeing may be Lymphocystis (viral disease). If the spots look like clumps then that is likely, but if they are hairy looking it could be a fungus.

Search Lymphocystis

Monster00101
11/05/2010, 01:59 PM
it looks like a white film on him. i kinda sprayed him with water trying to get him to come out and it came off his skin. his eyes are white and its all over his body.

Monster00101
11/05/2010, 02:02 PM
im pretty sure thats not it. there is nothing that looks like cali flower on him. althoughe i think i lost a clown goby to that.

RegalAngel
11/05/2010, 03:25 PM
Check thru this site to see if anything stands out:
http://www.chucksaddiction.com/disease.html

Monster00101
11/05/2010, 03:43 PM
i would have to say velvet or brooklynella. its the only two that look at and sound the same. nice page by the way thanks gonna book mark that one.

JHemdal
11/05/2010, 04:28 PM
I guess I don't see any symptoms that would be inconsistent with an uncontrolled case of Cryptocaryon. People all know about the "white spots" but they are often unaware of what it looks like in on-going cases; white film, cloudy eyes, etc. all show up on fish after they've had it awhile.

Jay

Monster00101
11/05/2010, 04:44 PM
poor guys in roughe shape. will bifuran+ do anything for him?

Stuart60611
11/05/2010, 09:03 PM
I agree with Jay and posted a similar view on your prior thread with respect to your puffer. What I think you are seeing is crypt which is not being properly treated with hypo and likely some secondary bacterial infection. You need properly calibrate your refractometer and get to hypo levels or abandon hypo and go with cupramine. One of the reasons I really dislike hypo as a treatment for crypt is that it has an extremely narrow margin for error, and if you do not maintain salinity consistently at a low enough level it is ineffective.