PDA

View Full Version : What can I use for a replacement hose for my osmolator?

Baldwin
11/06/2010, 01:10 PM
I had to cut the hose when I was using my previous setup, and now I'm moving things around and the hose isn't long enough. It looks the same size as regular airline tubing, but I don't think it will fit on the metering pump correctly. Anyone have any idea what I can do? If I have to order another "specialized" tubing I will. If I do have to though then this will majorly make me think about buying another tunze product when they could have just made it unviersal to airline tubing.

goober35
11/06/2010, 02:58 PM
I think this is what you are looking for.

http://www.avastmarine.com/ssc/do/product/PE-TUBE-0.25OD

oscar.millan
11/06/2010, 05:03 PM
Don't let this damage your view of tunze, but I do know what you're talking about. Tubing is not quite what the post above is referring to. Have you tried googling?

oscar.millan
11/06/2010, 05:08 PM
Here you go, right from the Tunze website.

http://www.tunze.com/details.html?&L=1&C=US&user_tunzeprod_pi1[prodid]=5000.390

At the very least it gives you the specs, but to save time I would just order it directly from Tunze.

Baldwin
11/06/2010, 07:04 PM
Don't let this damage your view of tunze, but I do know what you're talking about. Tubing is not quite what the post above is referring to. Have you tried googling?

How can you say not to let it damage my view? It's ridiculous that they make "specialized" pieces to their products, whent he initial cost of a osmolator is already 200$. Outrageous

milkman55
11/06/2010, 07:57 PM
Well, you had a choice to buy it, or not. You can't blame a German company for making products that are metric. US is just about the only place that have not adopted the metric system. $4.70 does not seem too bad for 3 meters of tubing, but you should be able to find metric tubing if you don't want to order from Tunze. The only Tunze product I own is the Osmolator and it works flawlessly, that's why they are so popular.

Baldwin
11/06/2010, 09:10 PM
Yes I did have a choice, but I figured for the price it would have great value, which would mean parts that could be easily replaced, should be. Yeah they are a german company but if they are going to sale their products in the USA then they need to go by USA measurments, or does that make too much sense for you?