PDA

View Full Version : 400W Lumatek Ballast Suggestion

DeathWish302
11/07/2010, 11:10 AM
Jeremy,

Fast shipping and safe arrival of the LumenBrite reflector, Lumatek LK400, Hydor PH & 400W Radium bulb! Great service as always that easily compares to some other 'Big Box' etailers (Ok, I'm a little partial to Indiana shops). :thumbsup:

On to the request. On the PA website in the Lumatek section it notes:

UNIQUE FEATURE! All Lumatek™ ballasts come wired with our standard female lamp cord receptacle that accepts our proprietary, patented male lamp cord, making these units compatible with all Sun System®, Reef Optix® & LumenMax® reflectors. Purchase lamp cord / socket assembly separately.

It does not mention the required cord (SL-BCORD) for this propreitary plug. Could you link the cord on the Lumatek section even though it is a Sunlight product? This may make it easier for someone unawre of this cord and result in an additional sale of that exact cord form PA. Just thinking as a consumer. You remove the searching and I would always pay the extra $ for convience.

My next area of concern is the recent pink Radium claims. I bought the 400W bulb for my new setup, but will likely not fire this bulb for about 1-2 months. I know Radium has no warranty, but what if this is one of those bulbs? Is there anything you can do to let Radium know as an individual? Just wondered on this last question.

Thanks for another positive experience,
Frank
:thumbsup:

Jeremy B.
11/09/2010, 09:34 AM
Hi Frank,

Thanks for the order, as well as the feedback. We will definitely look into linking that product to the ballasts.

There were very few Radium's that had this issue in this last shipment of them to the US. You should be just fine, but if for some reason you do have problems please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy