PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Tang=White stringy Poo=Internal Parasites

bur01014
11/08/2010, 09:31 PM
So I am pretty sure my yellow tang has internal parasites....perhaps my other fish do as well, just haven't noticed their poo.....not sure how long he has had them, since I just noticed, but he eats fine and acts normal, but know now he is probably eating for two, three, or who knows how many worms.....so, I know dosing prazi is the way to go, qt is not an option, so if you are going to post that, please refrain.... I do not want to destroy my reef and stress out my fish chasing them into the qt.....looking for advice on beating these internal parasites through diet. I heard some "gel" exists that contains prazi and metro, also some food by "Tank Buddies" called Anti-parasite food also contains both those.....I have heard fish may not take a liking to them, but thought about crushing up the pellets and mixing it up with some frozen and garlic to see if I can get some meds down their bellies...ideas? Any anti-parasitic food worked for you? I also know New Life Spectrum has a anti-parasite food called Thera A or something....

sirreal63
11/08/2010, 10:15 PM
Do you by chance keep chaeto in the display?

bur01014
11/08/2010, 11:37 PM
Interesting question about the chaeto....I don't keep it in the display, have a fuge....but a couple days ago I shook out a ball of chaeto in my display to release some pods for my mandarin to chow down on.....I noticed a few pieces of chaeto broke off into the display..you think the stringy poo is chaeto?

sirreal63
11/09/2010, 07:48 AM
It isn't digested very well, mine snacks on it and when he does, stringy poo.

Woogiekids
11/09/2010, 09:45 AM
+1 on the cheato. Mine occasionally makes it through the fuge = wormy looking tang poo.