PDA

View Full Version : Feeding my reef?

IShark
11/09/2010, 01:15 AM
What do you feed your fish, anemones, and coral and how often? I usually feed my fish twice a day once around 11am with mysis shrimp that I soak in vitamins and garlic and then again around 8pm either seaweed or mysis again. Anything i should add/change. I spot feed some what(I put the food in the area where most of my fish are) I have 2 BTA, bubble, torch, and hammer coral in my 95 gal tank. Just wanna know how u guys keep ur reef tanks happy.

shifty51008
11/09/2010, 07:22 AM
I feed my fish cyclopeeze, mysis, and ocean nutrition pellets. my corals get fed fish poo and sometimes oyster eggs. on my last tank when I had an anemone I would feed silversides once every 2 weeks.

jeff@zina.com
11/09/2010, 08:12 AM
Fish get a variety of food, fresh and frozen as well as live (no flake), every day or two except for breeding. Brood stock and grow-out receive different types of food at different intervals, and include flake/pellets. Corals get target fed occasionally, plus the pods and other stuff in the tank. I'll put live brine or mysis in the tank when I have extras. News get shrimp or fish once or twice a week. I don't do silversides.

Jeff

bertoni
11/09/2010, 03:51 PM
Most anemones will benefit from whole krill or whole mysid, and maybe some shellfish from time to time. If you can find true silversides, they're good, too, but most of the ones I've seen are freshwater fish, and not as nutritious.

All the ideas given seem good to me. Keeping the variety up is a good thing. :)

Reverend Reefer
11/09/2010, 03:59 PM
i spot feed certain corals with a frozen mixture of mysis shrimp, cyclopeeze, rotifers, oyster eggs, and reefroids, every other day. on the opposite day, i usually (not religiously) broadcast feed mysis and brine shrimp. everyday i have an autofeeder set to feed ocean nutrition prime reef flake food. i also clip some red seaweed daily.