PDA

View Full Version : Vertex Illumina V-link connection help!

Dyrego
11/10/2010, 04:51 PM
Just got my Vertex Illumina LED light today, but having trouble connecting it to my iMAC, when i download the program for the V-link on vertex homepage there is 2 files, one named Install and on named vertex desktop, which is the one to use? and how? So if anyone has done this on a MAC i would appreciate some help :-)

Also should something happen when i put the V-link into the USB, because nothing happens?

Thanks

Rune

azulikit
03/26/2011, 11:36 PM
Did you ever figure it out? I'm having the exact same problem on my 260.

deangelr
03/27/2011, 11:22 AM
Me too.. I am also running a Mac. I used to be able to connect.

I downloaded the latest software then the latest firmware and it was just plug and play.. But for the past 2 weeks or so I cannot connect at all. I am about to go out and buy a pc laptop to see if that is the problem..

Midnightsun
03/27/2011, 11:53 AM
I never got mine to work with Mac either. The program seems to load fine but when the USB is plugged in it does not recognize anything in the port. I'm sure if it would I could get it to run.

deangelr
03/27/2011, 12:03 PM
It is strange that I used to be able to connect (given it would only last a few minutes).. I tried lots of different color combo's and then suddenly I cannot connect at all..

Is buying a PC my only option ?

Midnightsun
03/27/2011, 12:34 PM
It is strange that I used to be able to connect (given it would only last a few minutes).. I tried lots of different color combo's and then suddenly I cannot connect at all..

Is buying a PC my only option ?

What I actually did was use the bootcamp function in Mac. I boot my Mac book pro up in Windows 7 and every little weird program that Mac cannot handle works great then again it should since you are basically entirely running windows now. Best of both worlds actually.

azulikit
03/27/2011, 12:46 PM
I just borrowed a PC laptop, installed the software and it works fine. No luck at all on a Mac. Off to the store to buy a cheap PC laptop.

Disappointing that a 3K light setup isn't supported properly with Mac OS.

alin2
03/27/2011, 12:52 PM
Off to the store to buy a cheap PC laptop.

Why not just buy a copy of Windows and load with bootcamp? Or, get an emulator like Parallels or VMware and run both Windows and MacOS simultaneously? :)

That's gotta be cheaper than buying evn a cheap Windows laptop...

azulikit
03/27/2011, 01:07 PM
Why not have a company that supports the light properly? Looks like they made a poor attempt IMO.

I would rather buy a cheap laptop then load Windows on my Mac. Buy bootcamp or parallels, buy antivirus, partition my drive etc. Time and money will probably add up to the same. Ya I guess I could find cracked versions of each software but I'm not into that.

This isn't the first Mac/PC software problem. The windows based laptop may come in handy.

I know what your saying..... My approach to the problem.

Midnightsun
03/27/2011, 01:37 PM
Why not have a company that supports the light properly? Looks like they made a poor attempt IMO.

I would rather buy a cheap laptop then load Windows on my Mac. Buy bootcamp or parallels, buy antivirus, partition my drive etc. Time and money will probably add up to the same. Ya I guess I could find cracked versions of each software but I'm not into that.

This isn't the first Mac/PC software problem. The windows based laptop may come in handy.

I know what your saying..... My approach to the problem.

You don't need to buy bootcamp as it is built into your Mac. Why would you run anti virus if all you will do is run a few "PC only programs" Don't even really need to connect internet exploder and even if you did there are several freebee versions which would suffice for the few moments you would spend on the web in Windows mode. Only drawback is you need to purchase a full copy of Windows OS but then again there are several OEM version floating around for about $100. Try it, actually is really great.

alin2
03/27/2011, 02:08 PM
^^^Bootcamp is "free" and included with MacOS.

I have to access a variety of Windows programs, IE exclusive web apps, and goofy Windows only Citrix applications (that SHOULD work in MacOS) for work. To me it's totally worth having an emulator to run these programs in MacOS. But, more than one way of skinnin' a cat. :)

aufo8mycat
03/27/2011, 02:45 PM
I never got mine to work with Mac either. The program seems to load fine but when the USB is plugged in it does not recognize anything in the port. I'm sure if it would I could get it to run.get a USB extension cable

deangelr
03/27/2011, 03:26 PM
I got a USB extender and it did not help

aufo8mycat
03/27/2011, 05:29 PM
I got a USB extender and it did not helpsure you have a friend with a laptop. i would try that b4 buying a pc. because if it did work even if only for a few minutes, seems more like a connection problem than a mac or pc problem, if you cant get it to work on either there could be something wrong with either the usb or the light it's self, either way you really dont want to be spending that much money to not be able to use all the features.

azulikit
03/30/2011, 01:19 PM
I just talked to a Vertex rep. This is what he said.

"The MAC software isn't working with the latest OS. Vertex is currently working on a solution to the issue. "

So we're doing nothing wrong, PC is the only choice for now.

azulikit
04/15/2011, 10:50 AM
I have a working file for Mac from Vertex. If you would like it PM me.

wrivera
02/28/2013, 10:08 AM
I know this is waaaayyy late but if you download the vertex firmware you need to use Stuffit Expander application. You can get it online. The problem is the anti-virus software within MAC. It is not allowing the full program to download, although it may seem so. Vertex wireless system is flawed regardless but this should definitely help.