PDA

View Full Version : Angels how many?

lotsoftats
11/10/2010, 09:23 PM
I am thinking of doing a 150g 48x24x30. How many angels can I keep in it?

This is in the very early stages of planning...It will be a FOWLR tank. I need to gather a list of angels that the wife and I both like and I will get that posted sometime in the next day or two. I know a couple she likes are:

Flame
Koran
Yellow
Rusty

There will be a sump/fuge...probably 40 breeder...maybe a 55 if I can get it to work...Also a skimmer rated for at least 300g. Lighting will be a 4 bulb T5 fixture of some sort. I will also DIY all the rock as I will be on a budget.

so what do you guys think of my plan? How many Angels can I keep?

WuHT
11/11/2010, 01:09 AM
2.5 ??

I've got only an asfur in a 150 (5"x2"x2") and he rarely uses up the entire tank (too busy brooding and guarding his cave)

Idle Moor
11/11/2010, 01:31 PM
Tagging along here. Have a 130 that I am exploring the same question with. Obviously a matter of opinion as well as skill in social engineering. Have a majestic and erstwhile lemonpeel that I am pretty comfortble with. I was originally thinking of more, but after some thought and comments here I'm thinking I may be near the comfortable limit if I am going to allow for growth. Am considering a mate for the lemonpeel (still a fairly comfortable stocking level IMO) or maybe an additional pair of another centropyge species (pushing the envelope significantly more). These are my current opinions. I previously thought I could do another medium sized angel say from the chaetodontoplus genus, but I have reconsidered.

I love adult Korans and wish I could see more of them but I hear they are one of the larger of the "full sized" angels and might eventually feel cramped in ur 150 (?)

Kahuna Tuna
11/11/2010, 05:51 PM
For a tank that size, especially one that is only 4' long I would skip the koran (all Pomacanthus or Holacanthus actually) as they get quite large and stick to dwarves or the medium size angels, there are a lot of really nice looking angel species that top out at 10" or smaller.

tcmfish
11/11/2010, 07:16 PM
for a tank that size, especially one that is only 4' long i would skip the koran (all pomacanthus or holacanthus actually) as they get quite large and stick to dwarves or the medium size angels, there are a lot of really nice looking angel species that top out at 10" or smaller.

+1