PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Tip Question?

PACHY-FAN
11/11/2010, 01:34 PM
Can I successfully keep a BTA in a 30 gallon cube with 2 65watt Dual Daylight PC bulbs and a 96watt 50/50 quad PC bulb? Do anemones need actinics as much as daylight spectrums?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Thanx, Joe

Anemone
11/11/2010, 02:07 PM
Yes, you can - if you are good at keeping on top of the parameters of a 30 gallon tank.

Also, just know that if you are successful, you will eventually have ONLY BTA(s) in this tank. A single BTA can grow to pretty well fill a tank this size, and if you have any clones at all, nothing sessile will be able to compete.

Kevin

PACHY-FAN
11/11/2010, 02:14 PM
Thanx Anemone! The only occupants in the tank will be the BTA and a pair of Ocellaris.

bradleym
11/11/2010, 02:28 PM
If it goes well, post a build thread or something. I'm trying to do the EXACT same thing. Got 29g with a 10g sump that is stable and housing a couple now that I want to transfer to a 30g cube I got recently. So I would love to see what you come up with for yours.

I'm thinking I'm gonna do a DSB in the sump, but not sure yet, and the whole rockwork thing is gonna be a little tricky.

Friday Night
11/11/2010, 08:23 PM
Yes, you can - if you are good at keeping on top of the parameters of a 30 gallon tank.

Also, just know that if you are successful, you will eventually have ONLY BTA(s) in this tank. A single BTA can grow to pretty well fill a tank this size, and if you have any clones at all, nothing sessile will be able to compete.

Kevin

Amen to that brother...Started off with a single..

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k149/INK5150/G.jpg

Anemone
11/12/2010, 01:05 AM
Amen to that brother...Started off with a single..

Yeah, me too. Currently have about 30 clones in a 65 gallon, and have gotten rid of a good 150+ more.

I was going to say I started with just one. But truth be told, I got a male clone several years ago from Sanjay Joshi and now have two males. All the rest came from a single female. :D

Kevin

aleonn
11/12/2010, 03:13 AM
Holy cow, Anemone. I'm assuming you didn't even target feed them, yet they cloned so much!

bradleym
11/12/2010, 07:59 AM
Holy cow, Anemone. I'm assuming you didn't even target feed them, yet they cloned so much!

I just got one from a guy getting out of the hobby. He said he stopped feeding after the first year, but ended up with 20 clones in 4 years anyway. Theses things are ridiculous!

Anemone
11/12/2010, 10:10 AM

Yes, I stopped target feeding years ago, simply to try to slow down the splitting process. Not really sure it worked though. :D

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x180/kevnkelk/IMG_2534.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x180/kevnkelk/IMG_2533.jpg

Kevin

Friday Night
11/12/2010, 11:40 AM
Yeah, me too. Currently have about 30 clones in a 65 gallon, and have gotten rid of a good 150+ more.

I was going to say I started with just one. But truth be told, I got a male clone several years ago from Sanjay Joshi and now have two males. All the rest came from a single female. :D

Kevin

Sweet :beer:

Not to detrail OP thread but yea.. Im gunna catch up to you to you Kevin ;)
Those pics are sick love the "rose garden"