PDA

View Full Version : Vertex Mocean 3500 Wavemaker

Addicted2Reef2
11/12/2010, 03:34 PM
Anyone using this wavemaker?? Just wondering if its any good. Any comments would be appreciated.

Snafu-2112
11/13/2010, 07:33 AM
It looks to be a rebrand of the Wavy Sea. The positives were you could customize the speed of rotation and the limits (could swivel 360 degrees and anything in between). The wavy sea was often unreliable, as the gears inside of it were very flimsy (I have one) and the teeth on the plastic gears broke on me. It was very hard to get the guy who owned WavySea to actually fix things, but, eventually, I was successful. Now that Vertex owns the design, maybe they have beefed it up. The other problem with WavySea is that when the power was lost, it would lose its settings and just keep water flowing in the direction that it was at the time power was lost. So, if you had a coral directly in front of it in that position, it would get blasted, often to death, if this happened while you were away at work. I think the best person to ask about the quality of the Vertex would be Jeremy at Premium Aquatics.