PDA

View Full Version : Power bar issues

Volcano1
11/13/2010, 09:12 PM
Switched my tank over last weekend and have been having trouble getting new control unit and power bars to work with any timer or temp. programs. Reset all the bar several times.All on or all of work fine , but can't get any programs or even individual plugs to power on or off. Everything is in auto mode on power bars. Any help, Robby G, Nemo, would be great. Never had this issue with old style controller.

Thanks,

Todd

Volcano1
11/14/2010, 06:37 PM
Well after messing with it for two days , got programs to work. Looks like I needed to go in and shut every plug down individually to off, and start from scratch.

nemo's janitor
11/14/2010, 08:12 PM
Sorry for not responding. Only saw the thread now. When changing controllers I find it best to save the config of the old controller. Do a system reset with the old controller. this will clear any programing on the PU's. Change the controller then add PU's sensors etc. Then open the saved config. Make sure you allocate the the correct PU's and sensors.

What happens is the PU's keep the old program. So if a timer program was on the outlet and is now programed for a temp switch it will not switch because the timer program is running.

I would suggest you do a reset and restore if you have the old config saved. if not do a reset and then reprogram. hope this helps.

Volcano1
11/14/2010, 08:57 PM
I think that's pretty much what I ended up doing.All sems to be good now. Need to add some more programs, looks like they will work.
Now if I can just get my ATB's to pull out some gunk. :)

Thanks,

Todd