PDA

View Full Version : Icecapp Wiring for T5 bulbs issue, Please help

kttran_2005
11/13/2010, 11:39 PM
Hi All,

I got some issues with 3 and 4 bulbs configuration for T5 setup. Below is a list of tests that i did. I think i might know the issue but not sure. Please help me on this issue. Any comments or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

All my bulbs are new

2-bulbs configuration, all bulbs fire up
3-bulbs configuration, only one bulb fire up (orange and blue)
4-bulbs configuration, only two bulbs fire up (orange, blue, and purple)

End-Cap testing
------------------
Each individual end-cap is tested and found no issue.

Wires testing
---------------
After testings with all the wires, looking like the brown wire is bad. this brown wire only connect with 3 and 4 bulbs configuration. with 2 bulbs configuration, the red, yellow, blue, and orange wires are working fine. it's very obviously now the something wrong with the brown wires. I don't really know what to test the brown wire by itself or just with others. Does anybody have any suggestion how to test the brown wires?

Thanks,
Ken

kttran_2005
11/20/2010, 12:06 PM
I got my brand new harness wiring yesterday. I tested it out and the same issue. i can only light up two bulbs configuration. 3 or 4 bulbs configuration won't light up. i think something is definitely wrong with the ballast. i'm going to either return it to the seller or send it to the icecap for a replacement hopefully it still under warranty. Very Very disappointed and a waste of time :-(. :furious::furious::furious: