PDA

View Full Version : Is this an mp10w?

reefWW96
11/14/2010, 08:44 AM
OK, so i will be getting 2 vortech mp10 pumps for my tank. I need to make sure this is the linkable version so that one can be the master pump and one can be the slave. This is the right "version" to do that right(?):
http://www.marinedepot.com/EcoTech_Marine_MP10_Vortech_Propeller_Pump_w_EcoSMART_Driver_Adjustable_Flow_Aquarium_Powerheads-EcoTech_Marine-EM1251-FIPHAD-vi.html
Please reply only if you are expierienced with these. thanks

bayoupr
11/14/2010, 08:57 AM
http://www.marinedepot.com/EcoTech_Marine_MP10_Vortech_Propeller_Pump_w_Wireless_EcoSMART_Driver_Adjustable_Flow_Aquarium_Power heads-EcoTech_Marine-EM1253-FIPHAD-vi.html

No. The above is the wireless, about $50 more.

KRASHPD
11/14/2010, 08:57 AM
Vortech pumps connect wirelessly. the pump you linked to is the non-wireless version. The next pump up is the MP10 ecosmart driver with wireless.

reefWW96
11/14/2010, 09:08 AM
thanks! i now have more questions:
1. What would be better for my 75g mixed reef? One non-wireless mp40 or two non-wireless mp10's? I have a 2inch sandbed that i dont want blowing everywhere. I have koralia 1050s now. I need to be able to make waves and good water movement through all parts of the tank and keep detritus off the sand and rocks. Price must stay under $500

2. Would 2 non-wireless mp10s be way different than having two wireless ones? I once again would need to create a wave, without having the pumps work against each other.

Thanks any help is greatly appreciated. I have koralia evos now and my corals are not liking the constant pounding of flow. Please recommend what you feel is best for my system!

dustinc
11/14/2010, 01:37 PM
thanks! i now have more questions:
1. What would be better for my 75g mixed reef? One non-wireless mp40 or two non-wireless mp10's? I have a 2inch sandbed that i dont want blowing everywhere. I have koralia 1050s now. I need to be able to make waves and good water movement through all parts of the tank and keep detritus off the sand and rocks. Price must stay under $500

2. Would 2 non-wireless mp10s be way different than having two wireless ones? I once again would need to create a wave, without having the pumps work against each other.

Thanks any help is greatly appreciated. I have koralia evos now and my corals are not liking the constant pounding of flow. Please recommend what you feel is best for my system!

All mp40s are wireless versions. I would go with two wireless mp10s that way they can work together.

reefWW96
11/14/2010, 01:54 PM
Thanks, I was thinking of doing that. One on each end of the tank, instead of just one mp40.