PDA

View Full Version : New food for Copperband butterflyfish? The red wiggler worm.

Hal
11/14/2010, 06:49 PM
I was just checking out a new LFS this weekend. During part of my conversation with the owner, he mentioned that he feeds his CBB's "red wiggler" worms. Apparently he was feeding some other fish or something in an adjoining tank, and dumped some accidentally into the holding tank with the CBB. The CBB made a beeline for the red wigglers, and ate them up. Ever since then he feeds red wigglers to all of his CBB's.

FYI, red wigglers can be found at most bait or composting stores. I think they're a lot easier to find than live blackworms.

Has anyone else fed red wigglers to their CBB?

ali1
11/06/2016, 10:27 AM
Instead of starting a new thread, does anyone see any issues with feeding wigglers? They are more readily avaiable at petco/petsmart and local bait shops.

ThRoewer
11/06/2016, 02:46 PM
I don't know what they are exactly, but as long as they are not infested with bacteria or pathogens I see no reason why you shouldn't feed them.

BTW, CBB will go after pretty much all smaller worms - it's what they eat in the wild.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk