PDA

View Full Version : pump seems way to small...

Mr.Maska
11/16/2010, 06:59 PM
k, i have a 210 gal tank with the pro flex sump model 4, it says in ads online that its does a max flow rate of 2200gph, but the manal recomended the eheim 3000 basically which does793 gph... way too weak, this pump cant even keep water going down overflows fast enough.. any recomendations on what i should get??? i need an external pump cause this compact one bairly fit in sump next to the protein skimmer.. thx all!!!!!

coralfish
11/16/2010, 07:02 PM
Is it still the practice of pushing large amounts of water through your sump? or is it suffiecint to provide enough flow for your protein skimmer and other filter media, and then providing the main flow inside the tank with low wattage comsuming power heads?

Just a thought on what I saw on a youtube video of someone....then I got to thinking...my reeflo hammerheads use almost 350 watts each (one as my main sump pump & one as my closed loop pump...700w) vs. my vortechs that each push over 3000 gph, for only say 30w each.

Mr.Maska
11/16/2010, 07:06 PM
i plan on using power heads, i dont want to go crazy i just want decent flow around 1500gph? i dont want to push my limits on gph, ill use powerheads to get the proper water movements. but seems i need a minimal of 1500 at least to get any decent flow from returns?