PDA

View Full Version : whats the deal with the 1050 evos?

rsantangelo3@co
11/16/2010, 07:05 PM
So ive had 4 evo 1050s i had to replace the bearings and since then 2 covers/screens broke off in the front as well as some pumps when turing on blowing out the back as opposed to the front and making micro bubbles. Whats the deal, they just keep causing issues? This is all in a 3 month lapse. They are run on a wavemaker

nikon187
11/16/2010, 08:51 PM
them running backwards is one of the evo's problems.. Having it on a wave maker ( even though it is advertised it can be run on a wave maker) is only going to make the problem worse with the constant on and off..

Original Fin
11/16/2010, 09:39 PM
Koralia knows about the issue. It's actually on a few different size Evos. Call/email them and they will send you replacement plates and bushings to correct the problem. All Evos are still under factory warranty.

icycoral
11/16/2010, 10:36 PM
I had similar problems with the 750's. On two the front grill snapped causing them to start in reverse. On another two the bushings were causing problems. Bribing them back to where I bought them just replaced the pumps with pumps that had the same problems, I had to call Hydor and get replacement parts to fix the problems. Ever since they have been fine. In case you have trouble finding thier #
Hydor USA (866) 493-6787