PDA

View Full Version : have a ?

royvoss
11/18/2010, 07:23 AM
hi,

i have a 210 salt storage tank, it is about about 12 feet away from my sump.
also there is a door way between the tanks and sump. the only way to run a line is up over the door way and over to the sump. will the i be able to use a genesis system with out any problems. tank and sump are in my basemmant.

roy

GenesisReefSys
11/18/2010, 11:33 AM
Hi Roy,

Sorry for the delayed response!

You would be able to use the RENEW™ System in your configuration, but you would need to use larger pumps than the QuietOne 1200's that we offer in the bundles. We would also need to extend some of the cables for you. A customer sent me some pictures of a very similar installation; please give me a little time to contact him and see if he is okay with me sharing the pictures with you. If so, I'll pm them to you.

Essentially, the only difference in your installation vs. the "normal" installation would be mounting at least one of the metering reservoirs near the ceiling plus cable extensions, which we will have production quantities of very soon. In the meantime, we have the proper equipment to fabricate some for you. Regarding the pump, a QuietOne 2200 should have adequate flow rate at 8 or 9 feet.

I'll get back with you as soon as I contact the customer whose pictures I'd like to share.

Thanks for the question!
Kevin

royvoss
11/18/2010, 12:21 PM
thanks for the reply, would be very interesed in the pics.

GenesisReefSys
11/21/2010, 08:08 AM
Hi Roy,

I sent a pic to you via pm. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Kevin