PDA

View Full Version : 10 days later my Coral Beauty is eating!

edsreef
11/19/2010, 06:23 PM
I bought a Coral Beauty 10 days ago and tonight it finally ate!:bounce3::bounce3: I've thrown every food I had at it, including what it ate tonight and it would occaisonaly sniff at it but not eat it. Tonight it ate the cheap TetraMin tropical flakes....go figure. So..keep at it for those of you with picky new fish that aren't eating.

PSU REEFER
11/19/2010, 06:28 PM
Glad to hear. Hopefully he keeps it up

Robka
11/19/2010, 07:58 PM
I bought a Coral Beauty 10 days ago and tonight it finally ate!:bounce3::bounce3: I've thrown every food I had at it, including what it ate tonight and it would occaisonaly sniff at it but not eat it. Tonight it ate the cheap TetraMin tropical flakes....go figure. So..keep at it for those of you with picky new fish that aren't eating.

I know almost all angels are hit & miss when it comes to "reef safe", but do you have experience with this fish in the past? I don't have any clams, but I do have acans, zoe's, & mostly LPS corals in the tank. I have a Coral beauty in my fish only 40 gal, but I would love 2 put him in my 140gal reef tank:fish1:

Meus
11/19/2010, 08:08 PM
My CB angel really likes "Ocean Nutrition Formula Two" flakes. Sometimes the only time I see him is when I toss a flake or two, plus these flakes have garlic in them and yours should be able to switch to them easily. Good luck with your angel.

edsreef
11/19/2010, 08:30 PM
I know almost all angels are hit & miss when it comes to "reef safe", but do you have experience with this fish in the past? I don't have any clams, but I do have acans, zoe's, & mostly LPS corals in the tank. I have a Coral beauty in my fish only 40 gal, but I would love 2 put him in my 140gal reef tank:fish1:

I never had an angel of any kind in my previous reefs. I figured why chance it? This time around I'm going mostly FOWLR and might add a few shrooms or softies.

Toddrtrex
11/19/2010, 10:13 PM

My CB leaves my zoas alone, but LOVED (( past tense because it was all eaten )) my open brain.