PDA

View Full Version : poly filter

Vin7250
11/21/2010, 03:36 PM
where is the ideal place to put a poly filter in a 90 gallon with overflow and sump? Should I float it in the sump, or roll it and put it in my overflow? I have never used one of these but wanted to try it. Thanks for the input.

Vin

muttley000
11/21/2010, 05:05 PM
Do you have baffles in your sump? I slide it in between 2 of my baffles. Someplace water will be forced through it is best. I never thought of putting it in an overflow, but the thought of restricting the water going out of my tank just worries me...

Vin7250
11/21/2010, 07:58 PM
i have a 20 gal amiricle converted wet/dry.... it has one partition right down the middle.... I have the overflow draining into one half which has a big bag of carbon underneath it along with the protein skimmer in that chamber.... I guess i could float it in that section because the water is very turbulent and yes having it in the overflow scares me, but I have been sitting on my couch all day watching football with the tank in the same room so I have had it in the overflow. It is ok for now because water is being forced directly through it but I will not go to sleep with it set up like this. I will put it in my sump. I guess thats my only option. I should probably build a bigger sump with baffles.