PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit fish....is it reef safe?

Bofa
11/25/2010, 02:00 PM
I have a rabbit fish with the yellow body. I read that sometimes it nips at LPS and sps and some soft coral. I have this fish in a Quarintine tank and was wondering if it was safe to put in my main tank cause I have bubble algae.

I mostly have acans and sps in my tank...do you think it is safe? I am really worried.

GoingPostal
11/25/2010, 03:43 PM
Some are, some aren't, no way to tell if your fish will be or not but never heard of one eating bubble algae. I have a mag. foxface and only think I know for sure he's nipped at (and killed) was a toadstool leather. There is some lps in my tank but no acans.

GvineReefer
11/26/2010, 01:02 AM
My foxface has been 100% reef safe in the 3 months I've had it. I've never seen it nip at anything so far, so I would say yes. But, as we all know, fish are just like any other animal. You get some good and some bad. It's more of a case by case basis.

Bofa
11/26/2010, 03:15 AM
Hey gavinereefer do u have any dos or scans. Also did it eat your bubble algae

Bofa
11/26/2010, 03:16 AM
i mean do u have any sps or acans

GvineReefer
11/26/2010, 09:48 AM
Yes, I have both. He hasn't touched either. He ate some of my bubble algae as well. So I've been 100% happy with him so far.

Stanley-Reefer
11/26/2010, 12:17 PM
my large orange spot bites off ends of sps if it's hungry and will not let me put any new acans in the tank. The ones that were there already have never been touched but for some reason it thinks all new ones are in there for it to eat!

It does eat alot of nuisance algae and recycles other fishes' wast too:worried:

Chris Witort
11/26/2010, 01:59 PM
My orange spot does the same! I am considering removing it.