PDA

View Full Version : blue or white

parrot1012
11/26/2010, 08:52 PM
quick question i got what was supposed to be a blue acro from fiji i was supposed to pick it up at the store but couldn't get there the day it came in from the wholesaler in calif and it sat in the store under sub par conditions 70 watt mh average lfs water when i got to it 4 days later it looked as if it was pure white the owner said take it anyway got it home acclimated it and placed it in the bottom its been over 2 weeks now and its strange if you look down at it it takes on a very pale blue appearance and at night under moon lites you can see what i believe to be polyps, would include pic but looks white in pics anyone ran into this before?

mrstihl
11/26/2010, 09:26 PM
Just sounds like it is bleeched. Try to make sure you water is as perfect and stable as you can and it might pull through. In my experience the brown ones do better than the bleeched ones.

Oh also if it doesn't cause a huge change I would keep you alk between 7-8 as it can help prevent burning especially in an already bleeched coral.

parrot1012
11/26/2010, 09:31 PM
but what about the polyps coming out at night that is what is really confusing me,my water is fine i have a fully stocked tank doing well almost all sps

saltygeek
11/27/2010, 06:27 AM
In the wild polyps come out at night, it will adjust once it realizes nothing is nipping it.