PDA

View Full Version : need advise with sump set up

KpopAMD
11/27/2010, 11:45 AM
guys, not sure if this is the right forum to post this, im currently building this nano tank its a 30gal (20gal main + 10gal sump) this tank has a built in sump at the back. i was just wondering how should i set up the sump? meaning at the overflow what should i put inside then second third chamber? any help would be very much appreciated thanks guys!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee295/K-Pop_album/IMG_2205.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee295/K-Pop_album/IMG_2204.jpg

Slafav
11/27/2010, 12:16 PM
I'd lose the ceramic rings and bio balls in the first chamber and replace them with carbon, purigen, chemi-pure, etc. You could put a refugium with macro algae in the second, but if you chose to put a light on it, which the algae would need, you will have spill over of light through the back. Third chamber can house your heater and ATO switches or whatever you need.

89Foxbody
11/27/2010, 12:22 PM
That's pretty cool, how did you end up finding a rig like that?

KpopAMD
11/27/2010, 01:35 PM
thanks for the input slafav, i have a carbon to put in the first chamber, so with that set up i wont be using any foam filters anymore right? also where should i put my skimmer then? i might not be able to put up an micro algae, so im thinking of puting some liver rocks in the second chamber what do you think?

@ 89foxbody just saw it at out lfs, kinda wanted to set up a tank with sump but doesnt have a lot of spaces available, so when i saw this i took it immediately

brycerb
11/27/2010, 04:15 PM
X2 on cool tank/sump.:dance:

KpopAMD
11/27/2010, 08:00 PM
thanks man! hope to get more inputs!

mikeyj28
11/27/2010, 08:08 PM
I'd lose the ceramic rings and bio balls in the first chamber and replace them with carbon, purigen, chemi-pure, etc. You could put a refugium with macro algae in the second, but if you chose to put a light on it, which the algae would need, you will have spill over of light through the back. Third chamber can house your heater and ATO switches or whatever you need.

+1 on the fuge in the second chamber