PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on defective Starphire 90 gallon Oceanic Tech Series

Warner
11/28/2010, 01:03 PM
I am new to Reef Central.

I recently purchased a 90 gallon Oceanic Tech Series aquarium w Starphire glass.

After the aquarium was set up I noticed a very small starburst bubble within the front glass starphire panel[you cannot feel it on the front side or back side of the glass]. It is located about 3 inches from the top of the tank and dead center between the sides. Although the structure of the aquarium may not be compromised(but not sure), I absolutely could not face looking at the defect every time I looked at the aquarium.

The company that now represents Oceanic has been very helpful and is willing to refund my money but there are no more of the Oceanic Tech Series aquariums to be found as they are no longer manufactured.

Any recommendations on where to look for another aquarium. I like the starphire glass and don't mind paying for quaity - I just don't know what to do for another tank.

Thanks

PWarner

pemmbroke
08/05/2011, 09:50 AM
I know it is way after the fact but Aquariums wholesale in Olathe, Ks does have at least 1.Good Luck