PDA

View Full Version : Does my BTA looks O.K?

iziko
11/28/2010, 03:05 PM
hi,

This is my first Anemone. A brwon Bubble Tip Anemone.
does she look O.K?

I have her for 5 days now. I give her small krill every other day.

Thank U for your help,

iziko.

I know the Pic. isn't great, but the location of the anomone is in a shde place and I didn't want to use my camera flash light.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7599/87199535.jpg

bradleym
11/28/2010, 04:20 PM
Yep looks healthy, just a little brown. The tentacles are extended and inflated, that's always good.

iziko
11/28/2010, 04:25 PM
WoW Thank U.

It's very relaxing to hear that.

can I ask what do U mean a little brown? what color it shold be?

Thank U again,

iziko.

bradleym
11/28/2010, 04:38 PM
Sorry, that was more a preference really I guess. If you get the nitrates and phosphates near zero and use a lot of actinic light, most BTAs get a green, red, yellow, etc. color to them. The brown isn't bad, I just don't like it personally, sorry.

WaffleWalffle22
11/28/2010, 06:14 PM
It doesn't look too brown to me. It looks more green than brown, and it's one of the prettiest looking BTAs I've seen. But I guess that's just my personal liking.

Christian_S
11/28/2010, 06:22 PM
try to do direct feeding may be color up with a nicer colors but still looking good

garygb
11/28/2010, 10:34 PM
It looks perfectly healthy in that pic. A nice looking BTA.

iziko
11/29/2010, 01:58 AM
Thank you guys

bradleym - I bougt this kind becuse that is my first BTA. I want latter to put a pink one.

she get a direct feeding.
I maybe need to replace for a real actinic light.

the pic is taken from the back side of my tank, the BTA move there after a day or two after she was in the tank.

bradleym
11/29/2010, 01:24 PM
Thank you guys

bradleym - I bougt this kind becuse that is my first BTA. I want latter to put a pink one.

she get a direct feeding.
I maybe need to replace for a real actinic light.

the pic is taken from the back side of my tank, the BTA move there after a day or two after she was in the tank.

Awesome! If you're going to get a pink one, or RBTA, you probably don't even need to change the lights. The green ones are the only ones I've had issues with turning more brown, but I've heard of lots of people keeping the pink ones looking pink without the actinic light.

That one looks real healthy, so you seem to be doing good so far. But if she keeps moving, you may have a problem. I would stick with this one until it stays put for a month or more. If it sits still and looks good for that long, then you can probably be safe to get the pink one when you're ready.

iziko
11/29/2010, 03:47 PM
I wasn't thinking to get a new one for at least 2 month :-)

The BTA dosn't seems to move agin. she seems a little larger then she was in the store. I think soo.

Sorry about my English.