PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

etepperman
11/30/2010, 08:55 AM
Hi,

I have 2 fish that have been in my hospital tank for quite some time. I believe that they have Lymphocystis, Cauliflower Disease. Since this is a viral infection the antibiotic medication has not helped. I have also tried fresh water dip, hypo salinity, copper, and wiping with a cloth. Nothing seems to help (except wiping cleared it up for a week or so).

I have come the conclusion that this is not something that can be easily cured.

So what would you do with these fish?

-E

IslandCrow
11/30/2010, 11:14 AM
I'll give you a bump since you've migrated to the bottom of the stack. Have you tried asking in the Fish Disease Treatment forum. You'll get more visibility in this section, but perhaps not as much expertise.

etepperman
11/30/2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks, but I guess the question was meant more as what would you do with 2 fish that seem to have an un-curable illness.

I mean can I really keep them in QT forever?

cloak
11/30/2010, 06:03 PM
I've never had any problems placing fish with this type of ailment right into my DT. (yellow tang, koran angel, coral beauty) A healthy environment and a varied diet is really all they need to get over it IMO. Not that your quarantine tank isn't a good idea, but maybe these two requirements are just not being met. Good luck.