PDA

View Full Version : question for Ocean Runner 2500 owners...

lunarlanderboy
11/30/2010, 11:40 AM
I am baffled by the output from this pump. I know there's some metric action going on but the manual online says 3/4" output. I think I may have an earlier version or something because anyway you look at it there is no 3/4" output. I have it plumbed internally like this:

1. There is a threaded hole on the pump body that is ~11/16".
2. An adapter goes into there which brings me to a male ~15/16" fitting
3. A hose barb adapter then screws onto that which I can fit a 5/8" hose onto.

Then I have to have a length of 5/8" braided vinyl then another 5/8" hose barb adapter then a length of rigid pvc then a 3/4" hose barb adapter then 3/4" vinyl up to the tank.

I would like to simplify my plumbing because it is really convoluted right now and involves hose barbs and lengths of vinyl and pvc to get up to the 3/4" that I want to step up to. Right now I think I'm losing a lot of flow from all the barb fittings...

How do you have your OC 2500 plumbed? Thanks in advance...

sirreal63
11/30/2010, 01:03 PM
I ran 5/8" tubing up, but will have to re-do that soon as I am moving to a larger tank. You can put a section of 5/8" on the pump barb and then 3/4" over that and use a plastic clamp. This is probably what I will do, the 5/8" will build up the dimension of the barb, though you may have to heat the 3/4" tubing up to get it over the 5/8", saliva is a good lubricant to help slide it over.

lunarlanderboy
11/30/2010, 01:07 PM
oh wow - I didn't know that. That could fix the whole problem...

sirreal63
11/30/2010, 01:48 PM
If you need to heat the 3/4" tubing, a cup of hot water is all that is needed.