PDA

View Full Version : customer service horrible

pdnyc69
11/30/2010, 03:48 PM
the phone is either busy or no one answers. how bout that for a 1000$ controller

aquamanic
11/30/2010, 04:17 PM
Try sending an email. Frequently that works better/quicker. support@neptunesys.com

rgonzalez
11/30/2010, 04:17 PM
Send an e-mail. Curt is quick to respond.

ToLearn
11/30/2010, 04:34 PM
They are quick to respond to e-mails often at 11pm at night! No other company does that. Never have I had to wait more then 12 hours for a response in an e-mail.

I am sure every company in the US has been busier then normal since black Friday.

chilly724
11/30/2010, 05:34 PM
+1 on using e-mail. It will be answered quickly and will have a solution to the problem.

James77
11/30/2010, 07:30 PM
Another for the email, I had a response 9pm on a Sunday. I have emailed before and had responses in minutes. I wouldn't base an entire judgement of customer service on trying one type of communication.

Christian_S
11/30/2010, 07:50 PM
good to know about this in case if I need costumer service I will email them instead of calling

HeneryH
11/30/2010, 09:33 PM
I didn't pay $1000 either.

ToLearn
11/30/2010, 10:13 PM
Man if I could sell people $500 controllers for $1000 just once a week. :-)

I understand the frustration when you are having an issue and not being able to get through, just should leave a voice mail and write an e-mail and give it a day. Might be able to figure out what you are doing wrong if you step away from it a bit anyways.

I once e-mailed that other company that sells controllers and when I didn't get a response in an hour I called. On the phone they told me Neptune conductivity probes would work with there controller so I bought one. Three days later I got a response in e-mail that said the conductivity probes wouldn't work with there stupid controller and actually no probes actually worked. Bottom line if you enjoy complaining about support you should check out the other brands, lol. Nightmare!

aqua80
12/01/2010, 07:35 AM
+ 1 on excellent customer support !
at least on email (never tried the phone). Curt is so fast to reply even evenings and we !

notclear
12/01/2010, 11:49 AM
Send an e-mail. Curt is quick to respond.

Same here.

pdnyc69
12/01/2010, 02:50 PM
it seem that there are 2 people that work in tech support. when you can reach them on the phone they are more than knowledgable. but sometimes its tuff to get in touch with them. i would think that a company this size would have more than 2 tech workers. and it was 1000 for controller, wxm, vdm, and 2 lab grade probes. over all i am extremely satisfied with this product.
Man if I could sell people $500 controllers for $1000 just once a week. :-)

I understand the frustration when you are having an issue and not being able to get through, just should leave a voice mail and write an e-mail and give it a day. Might be able to figure out what you are doing wrong if you step away from it a bit anyways.

I once e-mailed that other company that sells controllers and when I didn't get a response in an hour I called. On the phone they told me Neptune conductivity probes would work with there controller so I bought one. Three days later I got a response in e-mail that said the conductivity probes wouldn't work with there stupid controller and actually no probes actually worked. Bottom line if you enjoy complaining about support you should check out the other brands, lol. Nightmare!

ToLearn
12/01/2010, 04:53 PM
A company of what size?

RussM
12/01/2010, 06:35 PM
I've been to their facility. Neptune is a *very* small company. ;) And they are driven to do what they do as well as they can possibly do it.

That other company up the coast from Neptune is quite small too. Aquarium controllers are very specialized, low-volume products

sfboarders
12/01/2010, 08:22 PM
I've only communicated through email and I must say that Curt responds pretty promptly. I sent him a few emails over the holiday weekend and he responded on the weekend and at night. This guy works 24/7. I sent my Apex display due to the back light going out on Monday via USPS Flat Rate and I received it back today (Thursday). Keep in mind I only live an hour away from Neptune. :)

ieatchinese
12/01/2010, 09:20 PM
ToLearn and RussM.....Spot On!

pdnyc69, do you have experience running a company? If you do, you know that you need volume (quantity) in order to sell any tech at low prices. The engineering that is in these controllers would cost many more thousands of dollars at a larger company like the one that I work at.

I have had many years experience with Neptune and they are very, very good. Be patient and go the email route and you will not be disappointed.

kajung2k
12/01/2010, 09:26 PM
I too never had a problem with curt. Though I only emailed him and it was for a fix on something. Otherwise I post a msg in this forum and usually in an hour I have several solutions.

Kaj