PDA

View Full Version : Berghia Culture

ccopelin
12/01/2010, 10:09 AM
Hi guys! I just joined to have some one besides my 5 year old act interested in my now 2 month old project. I have 3- 50 gal. livestock feeder tubs set up in a system with a 30 gallon sump, downdraft skimmer, 1 250watt hqi on each tub, and I have a lid for each tub (to put the aiptasia in the dark). I have not seen a newer thread on the subjest in a while. Untill now I have been feeding the Berghia egg ribbons to my corals etc. I don't want to jump the gun before my aiptasia cultures are really boomin. I have 7 different sized Berghia so when i start keeping the eggs I will need a whole lot of food. I have read so many different tricks to make the aiptasia cultures take off. Keep them in the dark and feed alot, chop um up, remove them every time they secure a foot, dirty water, wait till they all climb to the top of a rock and then flip it? I'm looking for some input, surely one of you guys are or have breed Berghia before. For now it would be nice to discuss aiptasia propagation, later i will post some pics because I have a few Berghia housing questions for the egg ribbons, but thats a whole other can of worms
Thx!

tom499
12/02/2010, 08:36 PM
My best sucess came with baby brine shrimp they reproduce at an amazing rate. The second best was roti-rich from florida aqua farms. Its good at getting them to reproduce fast but kind of inefficent for larger ones. I know nothing of berghia's mine were for my double saddleback butterfly.