PDA

View Full Version : Angel Compatibility with a Bellus

djkms
12/01/2010, 10:27 AM
Hello all, I have a 2 1/2" Female Bellus Angel who has been in my tank for about a month. I am really fond of Angels and would like to get a couple more if possible. I know the potential risk with them nipping at corals and so far my Bellus has been a model citizen. Would I be ok getting a Regal Angel & a Flame Angel with my Bellus?

38bill
12/01/2010, 10:45 AM
The Bellus is a plankton type feeder and is reef safe. The other angles are not and may or may not eat corals and clams (you just never know). Stay with some of the other reef safe Genicanthus angles such as the Swallowtail (Black spot), Lamarck's, Watanabel etc and you should be OK.

I have a Bellus and a Black Spot. They are cruising all the time and basically ignore all the other fish. Great fish.

djkms
12/01/2010, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the info, I am aware of the risks of the Regal and Flame in a reef tank. My question though is, can I have a Bellus, Flame & Regal in a 125 gallon tank together?

snorvich
12/01/2010, 04:48 PM
I doubt that the Flame Angel will notice a Bellus Angel or vice versa. As long as the regal and flame are of different sizes and introduced together I would not anticipate a problem. Actually introducing another Genicanthus Angel with an established once can sometimes be dicey.