PDA

View Full Version : Website updates

Jay508
12/01/2010, 11:59 PM
Okay, I know this is pretty much long overdue. I will not get into my reasons for laying low the past 5 months or so but I do want to make an effort to help out with the website. I did initiate the changes and have been paying, monthly, the hosting fees.

Anyways, prompted by Jay's phone call, I will be getting together with my friend whom designed the site sometime soon, I have contacted him and explained what the club wants to do. There is a lot involved in keeping the site updated and I am hoping that he will show me what programs I need and how to do it in order to keep things more current. I did, still do, have big aspirations for the site. For certain I am going to get our club logo, designed by Paskadi, on the site and will also make sure we at least have a members photo area.

What I need from everyone is for photo submissions of their tanks. I will not guarantee every photo submitted will be posted but if everyone that is interested will send about 5 photos of their tank I will do my best to get them on the site. I am hoping that I will be able to make updates to the site myself, after some instruction, I am a hospitality professional not a web designer but the club deserves a site and a badass one at that. This club has more than exceeded my expectations when we formed it.....

Im gonna put a deadline on this, lets say by monday next week (december 6th) so that I will have my ducks in order when I meet with my friend. So please work with me and I will do what I can to make things happen. I also need to renegotiate our contract with the hosting site (godaddy.com) as I was notified today that my initial 6 months is up. Pretty cool that they called me but I was shocked that it has been six months since I initiated this. I do not mind fronting the fee as it is my contribution to the club.

Please send your submissions to my personal email: jstubbs55@yahoo.com. Also identify what is in the photo, Im pretty good at coral IDs but in no means an expert.

deehz
12/02/2010, 12:30 AM
Jay--good to have you back!!!! You have been missed.

Jay508
12/02/2010, 12:37 AM
Deehz- I appreciate that...

jmait769
12/02/2010, 08:16 AM
Jay--good to have you back!!!! You have been missed.+1 :)

Jay

ahlebik
12/02/2010, 11:46 AM
Is there someone in the Las Cruces area with a camera AND know how to take a decent picture? When using a expensive camera I could never get my shots to come out. One day I took a quick shot with my HTC and it was the best picture of my tank to date. Go figure the camera phone owned the nice camera.

The Dec meet falls on my tank maintenance day so expect pictures "go camera phone!" sometime next week.

psuedopimp
12/02/2010, 12:11 PM
Jay it is good to have you back around. i will try to get some more pics up but i leave tomorrow for mexico and get back monday and tuesday i leave for a week to lubbuck... so maybe you could get a few pics off of the show your tank thread??? i know they wouldn't be the most up to date but they should get you started

mistaflicksta
12/02/2010, 12:57 PM
Andy, Jmait takes great pics and has a very nice camera to do so. Hit him up.

jmait769
12/02/2010, 01:40 PM
Andy, Jmait takes great pics and has a very nice camera to do so. Hit him up.Yes - just let me know when!

Jay

ahlebik
12/02/2010, 09:27 PM
I feel funny asking on a weekend during December. Im free the 11th, 12th and 13th. Any other day and you would feel the wrath of a man on midnight shift... I dont wish that on anyone.

jmait769
12/02/2010, 10:23 PM
I feel funny asking on a weekend during December. Im free the 11th, 12th and 13th. Any other day and you would feel the wrath of a man on midnight shift... I dont wish that on anyone.No no! I understand completely about the swing shift. Been there! Unfortunately I will be following Justin south of the border http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/sflag87.gif that weekend! I will be back the following weekend however! Will that work?

Jay

mistaflicksta
12/02/2010, 10:44 PM
Hey I want nice pics of my tank too! who in EP has a nice camera and knows how to take pics? I would apreciate it if someone could take a nice pic of my tank.

strayvoltage
12/02/2010, 10:52 PM
Welcome back Jay! :wave:

Jay508
12/02/2010, 11:29 PM
Thanks, i appreciate that.

usemore
12/05/2010, 01:04 PM
Hey guys I would like to offer some help with your website I have the software you would need to update your own site and can host it for you also. my number is 505 304 9322
Richard

jmait769
01/31/2011, 06:22 PM
Jay, can we get an update on this? Did you get any submissions? Thanks!! :)

Jay