PDA

View Full Version : sunsun powerheads & aquatraders return pump

spamreefnew
12/03/2010, 08:09 AM
my hydor powerheads crap-out about once every year and so does my mag 9.5 return pump. to repair them it costs me about $100,and thats just for the impellers,never mind the chewed powercord or worn shafts. and to replace them it would cost about $350. so i was thinking about just buying cheap sunsun powerheads and a 1200gph return pump from aquatraders once a year. I could purchase 2 new powerheads and a new pump for less than $100. anyone have any luck with the listed products?

shifty51008
12/03/2010, 08:19 AM
how often do you clean your pumps, and how do you clean them? I have been running a mag 9.5 for over 6 years and never had to replace any part on it so far.

something is deff. wrong if they only last a year. I think their warrenty is longer than that.

zaheda
12/03/2010, 08:28 AM
I have been reef keeping for almost 12 years and let me tell cheap equipment dont last, you get what you pay for. I have till this years used the Sun Sun for approx 3 months thay work great. I sold them thereafter and bought 5 years old Tunze 6100 from a fellow reefer. Well the Tunze in a whole differant league in quality and water movement. I would advise to buy a used Tunze stream for trouble free service.