PDA

View Full Version : sps rtn

Rwpdunne
12/04/2010, 05:34 AM
i bought a nice pinktip acro about two weeks ago put it into my tank and it bleached out in two days starting at the base and happened real quick all my other sps corals where doing good until this happened its after having a knock on effect on some other corals in the tank could the coral that bleached have an effect on the other corals in the tank?

buy_baff
12/04/2010, 12:35 PM
Sometimes when a coral RTN's it can spread through the whole tank like a plague of death.

sbreefer
12/04/2010, 12:37 PM
have you changed your lights recently?

Rwpdunne
12/04/2010, 03:15 PM
no changes in lights tank was going good till i added the coral that bleached it bleached completely in two day starting at the base then i removed it then about 3 days later corals that where doing great started to loose tissue at there tips only ones that where close to the one that bleached maybe this coral brought something into the tank??

Rwpdunne
12/05/2010, 01:39 PM
Anyone??

sbreefer
12/05/2010, 01:43 PM
i would trim off all dead tissue and dip affectedcorals in iodine coral dip. sounds like it could be a bacteria. better to be safe.

Rwpdunne
12/05/2010, 01:50 PM
i would trim off all dead tissue and dip affectedcorals in iodine coral dip. sounds like it could be a bacteria. better to be safe.

Thanks for your input i have aome coral rx so ill do some dips

smtank
12/05/2010, 01:53 PM
Do you know if it was a wild colony ?

If so, they can just start the RTN for no appearent reason other than they are less adaptable to the environment of an aquarium.

Rwpdunne
12/05/2010, 02:00 PM
Do you know if it was a wild colony ?

If so, they can just start the RTN for no appearent reason other than they are less adaptable to the environment of an aquarium.

No it was not a wild conoly its amazing how one coral with rtn can affect other corals that were doind good:worried:

Rwpdunne
12/05/2010, 02:10 PM
I just cut of some dead pices and i noticed it was very easy to cut nearly went to dust?