PDA

View Full Version : Ich-X by Aquarium Solutions says it's Reef safe? Anyone try it??

Fredy
12/05/2010, 03:22 PM
http://hikariusa.com/products/solutions/solutions-ichxsw.php

I was just on the Hikari site and came across Ich-X. States that it's reef safe!

Has any one used it with any success?

Fredy

niqiri
12/05/2010, 03:58 PM
Well it doesn't actually say that it's reef safe, just that it's reef tested. Well copper is also reef tested but just look how that turned out. As for the active ingredient, formalin, I have never heard of people treating ich with it, only brooklynella. But if you do decide to try it I would be interested to see the results. Additionally, when it says to swap the open wound, I've heard that fishes with open wounds should not be treated with formalin as it will most likely kill them. Just some of my thoughts.

Fredy
12/05/2010, 04:03 PM
I hear ya. I use their "Parazipro" with good success in my reef. So I was wondering if the new "Ich-X" would be just as good.

Fredy

l3leedingstar
12/05/2010, 04:19 PM
dont have any expierience with ich-x and coral...however i used that new herbitana that says "reef tested" (with pretty good results acording to the lab tests) and it killed a few corals and shrimp in my tank so be veryyy careful with anything that says reef tested. that ich-x works great as a dip though. my yellow belly was close to death and i did a fresh water dip then put him in the ich-x for 30 mins and it was a miracle/life saver. i used in conjuction with copper safe. not sure if thats to good or not but hes been good for the past few weeks since! hope that helps a little? :)