PDA

View Full Version : Open/Closed AHHHHH!!! Help with my ATO programming?

Readybreakletgo
12/05/2010, 06:20 PM
:sad2: Ok so i'm installing a ATO on my reef through my Apex. I everything set-up but something is wrong with my programming and its not working like I thought it would. The basis on this is there is 3 floats 1-low, 1-middle, 1-high. Thanks to SCHWAGGS from Atlanta Reef Clubs thread. So here is my programming as it stands and the other aspects of it so please help, thanks in advance.

I'm using the Neptune BB with 3 floats that are NC.

The first float input labeled SUMP2FULL, is flipped so its NO.
The second float input labeled SUMPFILL, is NC.
The third float input labeled SUMP2LOW, is flipped so its NO.

SUMP2FULL
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Switch1 OPEN
Then ON
If Switch1 CLOSED
Then OFF
Defer 001:00 Then ON

SUMPFILL
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Swtich2 CLOSED
Then ON
If Switch2 OPEN
Then OFF

SUMP2LOW
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Switch3 OPEN
Then ON
If Switch3 CLOSED
Then OFF

Now the TopOff program
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Outlet SUMPFILL
=ON Then ON
If Outlet SUMP2FULL
=ON Then ON

swearint
12/05/2010, 07:00 PM
You don't need to use Fallback for virtual outlets, and the Set ON/OFF is redundant if you define both switch states. The default state for the Apex switches are OPEN, this is important in case the switch is disconnected. Here is what I recommend:

Sump2Full: normally the float would be in the DOWN position, OPEN and the virtual outlet OFF to indicate that the sump level is NOT too high. So it would be CLOSED in the UP position and the virtual outlet ON.

SumpOK: normally the float would be in the UP position, OPEN and the virtual outlet ON to indicate that the sump level is correct . When the sump level drops, the float will be in the DOWN position, switch CLOSED, and virtual outlet OFF.

Sump2Low: normally this float would be in the UP position, OPEN and the virtual outlet OFF to indicate that the sump is NOT too low. So it would be CLOSED in the DOWN position and the virtual outlet ON.

[Sump2Full]
If Switch1 OPEN Then OFF
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON
(Defer probably not needed as you would want immediate notification)

[SumpOK]
If Switch2 CLOSED Then OFF
If Switch2 OPEN Then ON
Defer 00:10 Then ON
Defer 00:10 Then OFF
(Defer just enough to buffer out minor fluctuations)

[Sump2Low]
If Switch3 OPEN Then OFF
If Switch3 CLOSED Then ON
(Defer probably not needed as you would want immediate notification)

[TopUp]
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Outlet SumpOK = OFF Then ON
If Outlet Sump2Full = ON Then OFF
Defer xx:xx Then OFF (use to slightly overfill above normal level)
Defer xx:xx Then ON (use to delay a bit before filling)

[EMAIL/ALARMS]
If Outlet Sump2High = ON Then ON
If Outlet Sump2Low = ON Then ON

Todd

Readybreakletgo
12/05/2010, 08:22 PM
WOW :eek1: Insane! Thanks tony that is sick. Apparently I can save lives but can't program an ATO haha, oh life. Thanks a ton though, worked instantly and that makes me super happy. So can it be safe to say that you're a Apex programming guru?

RussM
12/05/2010, 08:46 PM
So can it be safe to say that you're a Apex programming guru?Absolutely... Todd is a wiz!