PDA

View Full Version : Odd ball ligthing confugeration t5 suggestion needed please.

MammothReefer
12/07/2010, 03:05 PM
I'm finding myself ending up with a bit of a odd ball lighting configuration, and was wondering if anybody had any thoughts on what bulbs are really going to give me the best coluration without washing everything out, and secondary par.

I currently have a 24" AB Halide t5 combo. In it, I'm running a 250w DE reeflux 20k (which I have a brand new ushio 20k I may switch out to) an 24" ATI purple+ and a 24" ATI BluePlus+

My tank however is 36" I thought I could get away with this fixture but the way my rockwork has grown has made it that I need to add more light to the edges of the tank. Luckily I have a setup of 4x36" t5s that I would like to add to the mix. This will make my lighting go from front to back

2x36" t5s
1x24" t5 (purple+)
1x250w DE (20k)
1x24' t5 (blue+)
2x36" t5s

What do you guys suggest I get for bulbs for the 36" t5s? I'm guessing at least 2 more blue+ and maybe a UVI actnic? I don't know if I need another ProColor, or Fijipuprle type bulb..but what do you guys think? What's going to be me the best colour/par combo?

I know some will say just get a 6bulb fixture but I want to stick with this setup until I'm ready to make the switch to LED.