PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Coralife Pure-Flo II ROs?

89Foxbody
12/08/2010, 02:19 PM
I'm looking at getting an RO unit as my tapwater has a crapton of Iron in it (my water turns everything orange) and I don't want to be buying water all the time either for changes or for topoffs. Does anyone have experience with this unit? It's 179.99 foster and smith which seems like a good price. My LFS has a 1 stage for 119 and a 4 stage Aqua FX (Barracuda I think) for 229. Are there any others I should look at before I get one?

pitbulllover
12/11/2010, 07:25 AM
the coralife unit is a great unit ive used the same one myself for over 3 years with no issue only thing i did was add a di unit to mine but besides that i couldnt be happier

RotaryGeek
12/11/2010, 07:40 AM
As far as i can tell, they are decent RO units. Not top of the line, but will definetly get the job done.

acidblondie
12/11/2010, 09:14 AM
I started with one and had no problems with it for a couple of years. When the output started to go down I replaced the membrane with a 75 gallon a day one from Bulk Reef Supply. I currently have 2 units from BRS.

Puffcrusader696
12/11/2010, 11:42 AM
I use the aquaticlife RO/DI 60GPD model and i love it. I am very pleased with its performance

zoeyo5
12/11/2010, 12:13 PM
i use it to and i added another di canister too and it works fine. but make sure you get a pressure gauge with it. i have mine in my basement hook up to a faucet and i used to just turn the faucet on when i needed water without worrying about the pressure and it blew the first cannister apart. aparently we have pretty high pressure here. so now i have a pressure gauge and keep it about 60psi.