PDA

View Full Version : Newb 10g w/fuge?

Drazga97
12/08/2010, 07:30 PM
I have a 10 gallon with a dual bulb T5s.
-i have roughly 15 lbs of live rock
-1 false percula
-1 azure damsel
-1 orange spotted goby
-1 peppermint shrimp
and a few assorted snails for cleanup

i started out small because this is my first salt tank, and im currently waiting for my cichlids to outgrow the other tanks in my house (no more freshwater or brackish fish for me). i have had this tank setup for about a year and a half, and would like to make gradually increase the size of the ecosystem until i can switch it over into my 75g in my bedroom.

I have been doing alot of reading and have decided that i would like to make and or buy a fuge for my nano. i recently came across this, it includes a protein skimmer, tubing, pump, and a light.
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.aspx?category=CPR_AquaFuge_2_Hang_on_Refugium_with_Protein_Skimmer_Hang_On_Refugiums_Sum ps&vendor=CPR&idProduct=CR1727&IdCategory=FIRFEB&child=CR1727&tab=0&size=Small
This then got me thinking that if im going to be spending that much why dont i just get a cube or a 20 Long and convert my 10 gallon into a fuge beneath it? Any tips? Recommendations? Thanks

naubound
12/09/2010, 01:47 PM
You would be better off going bigger and converting your 10th into a sump. You could get glass cut at home depot for cheap or go with nano cube

Agu
12/09/2010, 10:21 PM
[welcome]

Convert the ten to a sump is my recommendation.

BTW, link didn't work for me.