PDA

View Full Version : what size sump will fit on a 90 gallon setup?

Toomnymods
12/10/2010, 08:32 AM
I know as big as u want.. lol but I want it hidden underneath my stand.. and obviously don't wanna drain the whole tank to put it thru the rear.. so my sump must fit thru the front with a center divider between the two doors.. I have a oceanic reef ready 90 gallon and the stand internal dimensions are 46"x15.. I'm someone out there has this same stand as me.. thanks..

RiddlerJoe
12/10/2010, 08:35 AM
Well not very large unless you can move the tank out from the wall and put the sump in from behind or from the end.

Typical size's I've noticed for 90's have been a minimum of 30 gallons all the way to a 55 gallon.

I'd say a 30 gallon should fit the best under the stand, while leaving some room for fish products, foods, nets, etc etc.

Riddler

Logzor
12/10/2010, 09:05 AM
A 30 long will be perfect for your system and fit well under your stand.

Toomnymods
12/10/2010, 09:08 AM
Yea that's what I was afraid of.. already have my calcium reactor and ampmaster closed loop pump under there and I'm tired of the closed loop pump plumbing and pump taking up 1/4 of the space underneath so I plan to replumb it to where it sits directly behind the tank on the floor on a board or something. This will free up a lot of room so I can turn my calcium reactor sideways so it is only using 8" of space and can still fit my 5lb co2 bottle beside it along with easily fitting a 36"x14x16 sump underneath.. just not sure if it would fit even if I did drain the tank 80% the way and moved it away from the wall to slide it thru the rear..

iwishtofish
12/10/2010, 09:32 AM
40 breeder?

Edit: Oh, just caught the part about the divider, so maybe not...