PDA

View Full Version : TS/24 with Eurobracing

Andy
05/28/2003, 09:06 PM
If I get the TS/24 kit (2 6100s with the multicontroller) do I need any additional mounting brackets to mount the powerheads onto my Eurobraced tank? Also, if I mount the 6100 along the back wall of the tank can the powerhead be rotated to a 45 degree angle to point diagonally across the tank?

Thanks,

Andy

rvitko
05/29/2003, 07:19 AM
The pump can be rotated 45 degrees. How wide is the Eurobracing and is the tank new or set up with water in it? Also do you have any built in overflows or anything with a flat vertical pane with no bracing.

Andy
05/29/2003, 04:50 PM
The Eurobracing on the tank sides is 3/4" thick and 5/8" wide. The Eurobracing on the front and back is 1.25" thick and 2.25" wide. I'd prefer to mount the pumps either one at each end or in the back corners mounted on the overflow boxes and rotated at 45 degree angles. The tank has been established for 18 months or so.

Thanks

rvitko
05/29/2003, 06:43 PM
You should be able to do this with no extra hardware.

eric's reef
05/29/2003, 08:44 PM
hello i want to do the same thing in my tank and the tank is set up with water. the tank has two overflows in each corner and the bracing is 1/2 inch thick by 4 inches wide. will i need anything else? also i would to lower one of these about 15 inches below water level how deep will the stock hardware go? thanks for your help eric

rvitko
05/29/2003, 09:08 PM
Stock hardware allows about 6" depth. Each extension set 3000.26 would add about 8". This set can be used either to fashion an L or extend the rail. If you mount to the overflow box you will need no extra hardware except for the extension.

eric's reef
05/29/2003, 09:37 PM
so if i wanted to place one deep down would i need two 3000.26 kits? one to make an L for the 4inch brace and the other to lower the pump? am i missing the big picture here? would one 3000.26 and stock hardware put the pump down with it attached to the brace? eric

rvitko
05/29/2003, 09:43 PM
If you mount to the overflow you won't need an extra 3000.26 for that. Also- watch the deep down part, the flow is very broad, at 2' away you are moving a 2' wall of water, this could literally scalp your sand bed if you are too close. Unless you have a tank 36" deep or greater no extension should be necessary.

eric's reef
05/29/2003, 09:49 PM
ok i want to hang it from the BRACE so all i need is one 3000.26 right? also if it moves that much water maybe i only need it to go down 10inches. thank you very much for all your help i didn't expect a reply until tomorrow so i was really impressed with your quick response time. tunze is lucky to have you!! eric also any ides when champion will get the 6100s? eric

rvitko
05/29/2003, 09:58 PM
They will get them as soon as Tunze sends me some. I have at least 50 on backorder. I know lots of people get mad about this but it isn't my fault (I pay my bills I swear:) ). Seriously though, it does take a long time to make the electronic pumps and German laws limit the factory to its present size which also limits the output. Growth will only be possible through greater efficiency. You should need then 1 3000.26 per pump to accomodate your brace mount and 1 to extend the depth of the pump. Though in theory you could use the piece you will cut off from the rail to extend it just those few inches. Why not just order one per pump and if you need more you need more? I am not usually out of anything except Streams and Multis- OK sometimes Osmolators. But we usually have plenty of parts.