PDA

View Full Version : help- possible brown jelly case!

Moonstream
12/10/2010, 04:33 PM
on my new torch, I got it from LA DD on tuesday, settled in alright. it was taking a bit longer to settle than the cristata coral and duncan I got with it, and yesterday I noticed one of the heads was pulling in and looking altogether ****ed. today there was clear die-off, and when I came home their was some jelly-like substance around the edges of the die-off.

since this is in my LPS tank, Im pretty worried, I have two showpieces in their (a cream/brown hammer and an open brain) along with the new cristata, a small lobo, a duncan, and a few others.

I removed some of the infected tissue with a turkey baster, and isolated it in a low-flow speciman container. my big worry is this will spread, with the secon biggest being I might lose the torch.

basically, its got a base of white, with darker tissue around it, and a little bit of healthy tissue to the far right of the head. two toher heads have pulled in and looked stressed, but three others are open and content looking. does it sound like brown jelly?

Im thinking tomorrow if it lokos any worse Im gonna do a fw dip, and if I can get a hold of some iodine and do an iodine dip... help?

Porcupinepuffer
12/10/2010, 07:47 PM
I once had brown jelly take over this AMAZING channel anchor hammer coral I had. (it was caused by stress from my newly installed mp40w powerhead giving it way too much flow)... It destroyed the coral very quickly, and then destroyed my torch coral at the other end of the tank... It surprisingly didn't take out my rare frogspawn colony that was located slightly lower... I really can't say if it's it. it could be it, or it could be die off from it possibly being stung by something. I'd probably quarantine it if I was you.

Moonstream
12/10/2010, 09:55 PM
I dont really have anywhere to QT it... Im gonna try a fw dip tomorrow I think, maybe Ill head into the basement to see what I can dig up that might be of some use, might have an extra tank down there somewhere...