PDA

View Full Version : im interested learning

fanning
12/10/2010, 09:45 PM
ok so i live in the ho-hum not so great mid-west about 5minutes from saint louis. ive always wanted to learn to scuba dive but wouldnt even know where to begin. could anyone recomend a place that offers such training without having to take a second morgage on the house..lol

thanks,
mitch

Fretfreak13
12/11/2010, 08:28 PM
Hmm...I'm not sure about your area, but you could always google it. I live up in cleveland and I know that there are places around here that do the check out dives in quarrys. I'm sure you'll be able to find a place, or maybe if while you're on vacation you'd like to learn then? my dad and I took a week-long trip to FL over the summer, and I took cram-lessons, learned all the book work in three days, took my test, and then did my checkout dives. I got certified in one week. It took up all of my vacation, but I really think the first diving experiences were worth it!

Ben Wilson
12/12/2010, 09:38 PM
You live near one of the better dive sites in the Midwest. Look up Bonne Terra Mines in Google. Another place down your way is the Mermet Springs in IL which has the 747 from the movie US Marshals.

fanning
12/13/2010, 08:00 PM
thanks u guys... u both have been lots of help. im actually considering a very bold move somewhere south...somewhere i can be closer to a natural reef any tips or sugjestions.... i was thinking about the virgin islands hmmm?

Fretfreak13
12/22/2010, 05:06 PM
That would be fun. ;) I went out of the Eagle ray Dive Shop in Bonita Springs FL. The owner and his wife were very nice. They had a wonerful pool in their backyard where I learned the basics before the checkout dives.