PDA

View Full Version : New to forums + my 300 Gal FOWLR

YarSelph
12/12/2010, 10:22 AM
Hi Everyone,

New to these forums but looking foward, seems they are very active :)

So my current show tank is a 300 GAL FOWLR, and I figured I'd include some pictures. This is after many years in the hobby, when we finally decided to re-do the family room, I worked in getting this tank into the project ;)

I did do coral tanks for a while (150) but decided to change back to fish and try to keep some of the larger/stranger ones out there :) So the 300 fit into the budget with all the work that needed to be done to get it in place.

The current livestock is, Clown Filefish, Scrawled Filefish, Black Trigger, Huma Trigger, Goldenback Trigger, Mimic Tang, Yellow Tang (had for 4 years now), Queen Angel, Blueface Angel, Scribble Angel, and one big Arabian Cat Shark lol.

Of course now that the bug has hit me, and I have all the plumbing in place, Trying to talk the wife into letting me add a 150 to the other side of the room LOL..

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/yarselph/IMG_20101211_085948.jpg

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/yarselph/2010-05-22114822.jpg

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy147/yarselph/Tank%20Dec%202010/IMG_20101211_085943.jpg

lhm nole
12/12/2010, 10:46 AM
Nice I lso have a 300 fowlr I have a blueface, imperator, scribbled, queen along with some tangs

YarSelph
12/12/2010, 10:51 AM
Nice I lso have a 300 fowlr I have a blueface, imperator, scribbled, queen along with some tangs

Nice, How does the Imperator do in the mix? I had one but returned for the scribble, For some reason the blue face and the Imp did not get along.

lhm nole
12/12/2010, 07:36 PM
Nice, How does the Imperator do in the mix? I had one but returned for the scribble, For some reason the blue face and the Imp did not get along.My imperator is around 4 inches and still has juvenile colors my blueface is slightly bigger and thicker and has adult colors had the blueface first then added the imperator no problems at all all my angels get along well to my surprise just added my 8 inch male scribbled to my dt and the queen which is 8 inches didnt even raise a fin. Now my powder blue is a different story meanest fish I have hoping to add a big achilles in the next couple months my last one I lost due to my error and he was only 4 inches and no one messed with him.

scottycameron
12/12/2010, 11:36 PM
Great looking Tank! Wondering how did you manage to put your emperor and blueface in the same tank? I want to have both angelfish, but wondering what is the safest way to acclimate them in my tank.

YarSelph
12/13/2010, 05:43 AM
Great looking Tank! Wondering how did you manage to put your emperor and blueface in the same tank? I want to have both angelfish, but wondering what is the safest way to acclimate them in my tank.

Well, here is where a good LFS comes in handy. I asked them to put my angels together for a few weeks BEFORE I took them home. If they were going to fight, it's easier for the LFS to move them around, rather then me having to tear apart my tank to get them out.

So they stayed together, and I got to observe them for a few weeks before I brought them home.

I do know this is no guarantee that they will always get along in the tank, but this is at least a good "test" to get an idea.

There really hasn't been any fighting in the tank, except for some reason the Scrawled Filefish and the Goldenback Trigger seem to get into an argument every once in a while.

YarSelph
12/13/2010, 05:45 AM
My imperator is around 4 inches and still has juvenile colors my blueface is slightly bigger and thicker and has adult colors had the blueface first then added the imperator no problems at all all my angels get along well to my surprise just added my 8 inch male scribbled to my dt and the queen which is 8 inches didnt even raise a fin. Now my powder blue is a different story meanest fish I have hoping to add a big achilles in the next couple months my last one I lost due to my error and he was only 4 inches and no one messed with him.

Power Blue, You don't have to tell me. I had one and a Sohal, probably my two favorite tangs. Needless to say they have both since gone back to the store.

The Sohal was the worst, I have no direct proof, but I am pretty sure it was responsible for the death of at least 4 different fish over the time I had it.