PDA

View Full Version : Overall, quite pleased

12/13/2010, 10:29 AM
I've been running a Typhoon III for a month or so now, and I gotta say that I'm fairly pleased overall with the quality, performance and service. The instructions are pretty crappy, and I flooded the kitchen when I forgot to connect the output line, but the unit works as advertised with about the output and waste I expect from it.

If I had to nitpick, I'd suggest colored tubing for those of us who mix up the white with the other white. I also got shipped a few extra plumbing components that I couldn't figure out what to do with, until I figured out they weren't for anything I had. It would have been nice if the screw holes were 16" on center, like most US studs in the wall, not 16 7/8" so the unit is guaranteed never to hang securely. Plus it seems the thermometer on the TDS meter only does Celsius. President Carter got me thinking about Celsius but that died off quick so it's hard to know what 28.3 means. :)

Anyway, thanks for a pretty decent unit, at a decent price. I can make the little bits work correctly for me.

Jeff

fit
12/21/2011, 08:49 AM
Hope you figured this out