PDA

View Full Version : photoperiod ?

sb62nova
12/14/2010, 01:32 PM
So with my new MH I am running 2 48" VHO.

this is what i came up with it is just a little diffrent than my last setup because i left the actinics on all day. I actually like the look of the mh with out the actinics better. Does any one ever do this?

9am-12am actinics on
11am-7pm MH on
6pm-9pm actinics on.

BADGUS
12/14/2010, 01:52 PM
I do this every once in awhile when i'm home for a long time,turn the T5's off and just keep the halide on,does look nice.Your schedule seems fine.

-=Efrain=-
12/14/2010, 02:11 PM
I turn my VHOs on first for an hour then my MHs then when the MHs turn off the VHOs stay on for an hour then off for the night..

Raptorv205
12/14/2010, 02:24 PM
I've been running MH only, since I've began my tank in May of this year. but I plan on adding actinics in the near future.

nanonubey
12/14/2010, 06:24 PM
I do this
10am t-5s on
1pm MH on
9pm Mh off
10pm t-5 off lunar led on

ostrow
12/14/2010, 07:45 PM
Oh my, I hope you didn't start right off with the halides on for 8hrs!

With a switch like that you should start at 2hrs for at least 3 days, then add an hr every day or two days to get to your final destination. No need for MH for more than 8hrs. The rest is just for viewing so whatever you wish to have.

sb62nova
12/14/2010, 08:00 PM
Oh my, I hope you didn't start right off with the halides on for 8hrs!

With a switch like that you should start at 2hrs for at least 3 days, then add an hr every day or two days to get to your final destination. No need for MH for more than 8hrs. The rest is just for viewing so whatever you wish to have.

no lights are 14 off of the water. i had a few pieces of egg crate criss crossed removed one after a few days, still have one on, I will eventally take that one out. No signs of bleaching...... or anything else out of the ordinary.

as far as actinics i know every one usally runs them before during after the mh come on. I was just curious if any one has them go off in the middle of the day .... nbd. Every thing is running on timers and working good.
Thanks

ostrow
12/14/2010, 08:08 PM
One word: huh?

sb62nova
12/14/2010, 08:54 PM
One word: huh?

nevermind............ another one of those post where you ask a simple stupid question and someone reads to far into it and asks questions that have nothing to do with the post. I did a lot of reasearch and always do. :reading:
Thanks anyway

ostrow
12/14/2010, 09:07 PM
Ok!

Hey, just go gradual on the photoperiod and slowly ramp up the time with the halides on! That's the main thing. The rest is just window dressing -- do it how your eyes prefer!

sb62nova
12/14/2010, 09:39 PM
Ok!

Hey, just go gradual on the photoperiod and slowly ramp up the time with the halides on! That's the main thing. The rest is just window dressing -- do it how your eyes prefer!

Thanks for looking out:thumbsup: