PDA

View Full Version : 40 breeder prop tanks

lotsoftats
12/15/2010, 04:35 PM
I know there is a long thread with everyone's prop tanks,and it is a great thread but I want to narrow it down to just the 40 breeders.

I just picked up a 40 breeder tank and a fishneedit 4 bulb t5 fixture from a local reefer that is upgrading to a 75 for $120....This will be my new frag tank.

I would like to see some pics of 40b frag tanks and a list of equipment that you are using. Also are you running this separate from your main tank or is it plumbed in?

Thanks
Mike

logan 12
12/15/2010, 07:46 PM
Well, I dont have a 40 breeder frag tank, but do have several frag tanks, I would tie it into the main DT. Less stuff to deal with as long as your current tank has the equipment to deal with the exta water volume. Drill the tank through the T5 over it creating a very clean look.

somethingphishy
12/16/2010, 11:57 AM
for sps its nice to have them tied together for stability but you loose any chance to utilize it as a quaranite for pest

lotsoftats
12/17/2010, 01:57 PM
for sps its nice to have them tied together for stability but you loose any chance to utilize it as a quaranite for pest

Yeah that is were I'm torn...tie them together or run it by it's self for qt.

Jon_Hewett_85
12/19/2010, 10:18 AM
Why not do both? You could build valves into the drain and return so that you could isolate the tank when needed and run the tank HOB while using for quarantine. As long as you has some LR in the frag tank all the time, it should allow you to switch back and forth smoothly if planned correctly.