PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased a Gold Rim tang :)

vexeclipse2007
12/16/2010, 08:21 AM
We have a 95 wave gallon tank with a blue throat trigger....As soon as we added the tang he started swimming around scoping out the area. At first I figured he would just hide behind rocks or something...Now my question is how long does it usually take for this type of tang to eat? I fed the trigger yest and the tang didn't budge...I got seaweed in a clip and hasn't been nibbled on...is this normal during the acclimation period in the tank?

greech
12/16/2010, 09:34 AM
No experince with tangs but would expect just about any fish to be timid and not eat for at least the first day or two. It may not understand the clip so you could try rubberbanding the nori to a rock and placing the rock within your aquascape. Also, avoid crowding at feeding time so the fish doesn't feel like it has to fight you for the food.

TampaReefer79
12/16/2010, 09:35 AM
It would have helped if you had QT'd him. He could have then acclimated to captivity much better and you could have watched him more closely and gotten him eating while alone. Also, a 95 is pretty small for this fish...