PDA

View Full Version : All I want for Christmas is my "Tunze" front teeth

tangtang clown
12/17/2010, 04:24 PM
My DT is 125g and I have a Reeflo Dart running my Closed Lood through four
1" outputs that rotate two on and two off by way of a Oceans Motions 4way. My return uses a Reeflo Snapper through two 3/4" outputs. Additional flow is added by two maxijet 1200s with the modkits that makes them into "streams". I dont like the MJs because they are constantly bashing my leathers and I would like to simulate some sort of wave action, on top of my oceans motions wave action.

I just saw a review of the Tunze 7092 Wave Controller on ************ at a price of $75. My question for you all (yall if you live near me) is which Tunzes powerheads should I get? Do you need two tunzes to get wave action?

My budget is still unknown, as I am trying to get some sort of an idea on how much flow I need. I know that I don't want to spend a ton of dough i.e I saw a controller with two pumps on Ebay for $859! No way.

Thanks for any advice.

moondoggy4
12/18/2010, 11:01 AM
Also try posting on the Tunze forum. There are lots of good deals on tunze I do like the new design they can be rotated. Another thing to think about is the Wave Box you have enough flow.

sasharotty
12/18/2010, 11:04 AM
I believe you do need 2 Tunze powerheads for a wave unlike the Vortechs.But yeah def. check out the wavebox if you have the room.That might be on my christmas list.:bounce2:

gary faulkner
12/18/2010, 01:06 PM
I have two of the older 6100s on a 7095 controller and wish I had two more of the power heads. With your closed loop you already have the random flow if you just want to add more flow you can add any type of flow to what you already have. I also have two of the Korilla 8s that are not controllable and don't have enough flow yet. Looking for two more Tunze power heads to supplement what I have already for a 300 gal.