PDA

View Full Version : Is My toadstool dying

collegeman
12/17/2010, 08:04 PM
Does this toadstool look okay. Most of the polyps were extended upon purchasing, but i am wondering about the yellow color of the bottom base, and purple and yellow color that is on the cap. I believe this toadstool suppose to be tan all over. Please let me know asap

Flippers4pups
12/17/2010, 08:24 PM
How long has it been this way? If you just purchased it, their polyps may stay withdrawn upwards to two weeks. I always drip my corals(and dip some depending on coral) prior to introducing them to my DT. Some may even slough off some skin during this transition period. Just give it sometime. It is getting use to your water prams and lighting. In the mean time keep up on your water changes and test your water regularly until it extends it's polyps.

collegeman
12/17/2010, 08:30 PM
Thank for the advice Flippers4pups. I was wondering does the coloring of it seem fine? I know the polyps can take some time to extend.

sirbiggstixx
12/17/2010, 08:38 PM
hey it looks like its just shedding its skin..my just got done doing it..especially if you just put it in your tank..it usually takes a couple of weeks for it to do this..some people, like myself will kinda point a powerhead more towards it to speed up the process of the skin falling off..hopefully yours has a waxy, shiny layer on top of the cap..mines shrinks pretty small and then when hes done it will be back to normal usually a little bigger and better colors..just be patient..he will be ok..

Flippers4pups
12/17/2010, 08:38 PM
The base can and will have a different color and look "rough" in texture. Sometimes tanish to yellow. The top may have a tan to dark tan color when retracted. This normal.

collegeman
12/17/2010, 08:43 PM
Thanks, i wont worry since it was completely open in the store. I had a large toadstool that i had to remove from a rock by pulling it off(big no no) and had the same appearance of this one before rotting away.

Flippers4pups
12/17/2010, 08:50 PM
I found the best way to deal with a too large leather is to frag it. Your right, pulling anything from a rock is usually a bad idea. Live and learn.